Choosing the right home will require you to balance your wants and your
needs. It's rare that the perfect house comes along at the perfect time,
but you can look for a house that is practical, attractive and fits
within your budget. Here are some steps on how to choose the right home.
pre-qualified for a home loan. This will expedite the process when
you find the home you want to buy and give you a good idea of how much
you can afford. We can arrange for a confidential meeting with a
qualified loans consultant who can assist you with your
pre-qualification. There is no cost involved in this process, and it
will allow you to shop in the right price range and purchase with
- If you have a property to sell it's important to
know how much it is worth. Ask your Harcourts agent to assist you with a
- Make a list of your needs, that is, the features that your home must
have to fit your lifestyle. Be as rational, rather than emotional, as
possible when making this list.
- Think about the setting. Do you prefer a quiet setting, or do you
want to live near restaurants, shops and entertainment? Research the
things nearby that you need from your neighborhood, like schools, parks
- Contact your Harcourts agent. Bring your list of needs and price range
and have we'll help you narrow down the properties you'll be
- Be patient and shop around. You may get lucky and fall in love with the
first property you see, but you'll make a better decision if you look at
a number of them instead.
- Browse our Website and view comprehensive information on our listings.
free to register as a Buyer on our Website - and be the first to know
when a suitable property is listed. Being one of the first to view a
listing will give you an advantage over other buyers.
- Move quickly. Once you've found the home that's right for you, bear in
mind that you may not be the only one interested. If you're indecisive,
someone else may well contact the agent first and make an offer.
much should you offer? It all depends on what you think the property
is worth. Sometimes a property may be overpriced - but with Harcourts
Platinum, most of our listings are listed at Market Value. So compare
the property to others you have seen, and others that have already sold -
and then determine what you think the property is worth. Be prepared
to pay Market Value for the right home.